The Easter Bunny is coming! For those that celebrate Easter, you may be getting anxious or weary about the upcoming social gatherings, abundance of food and mounds of chocolate that will surely make their way into your weekend. DO NOT PANIC!
Here are my top 5 tips on how to have a successful Easter holiday:
- Make a plan – we have all heard that old saying “fail to plan, plan to fail.” Rather than winging it through the weekend, decide on which day you will have the “big” family gathering and plan to keep your “free meal” on that day. Be cognizant of your portions, it’s not a licence to gorge.
- Drink plenty of water! Water helps to eliminate toxins in the body, assists with fat loss and keeps the bloating at bay.
- Keep active, get outside with your family. The weather in most parts of the world is quite lovely these days so plan a game of outdoor hide and seek, flag football, go for a hike on community trails or a family bike ride.
- Sleep! Rest is just as important as physical activity and choosing the best foods for our bodies. Lack of sleep not only makes us irritable and anxious but it also raises the level of the stress hormone cortisol which increases our appetite.
- Enjoy the time with family and friends and let that be the focus of the Easter holiday rather than chocolate. Having a good laugh or a really fun night with family and friends releases far more of the good chemicals from the brain than any amount of chocolate ever could. So be sure you laugh a lot this Easter!
Happy Easter from my home to yours.